Life in the Burbs

Life in the Burbs

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Groovin' on a Sunday afternnon.

We went to sleep last night with rain falling on our roof. I love the sound. The wind was blowing like crazy and we all slept warm in our cozy beds. I am so thankful for our home and for all that we have, all of our niceties that we seem to constantly take for granted. I am grateful for our house that keeps us safe and for our wood stove that keeps us warm. Today, we woke up to 3" of newly fallen snow. My amazing hubby made a fire last night and added wood this morning. We had a warm home to eat breakfast in and get ready for church, we came home to the same warm house.


(This is not a current picture of our delightful wood stove...full of warmth...)

What a blessing that I can have a home and a comfy chair to sit in while I type out my gratitude on my laptop. I am very blessed. Soft music in the background and my children coloring at the table. What a better way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon, just groovin'.



In other news.....Gus just ate Aleynas new purple flip flops. But someone, some turkey of a culprit tossed them into his kennel....yet I have no confessions. Hmmmm I think that once again 'not me' did it. I still don't remember birthing that guy! My suspicions tell me it may have been Gus himself who grabbed the purple pair and not the children...then again...

No comments:

Post a Comment