From Timothy: "Mom, if Lucifer is bad and coyotes are bad cuz they kill baby cows, then maybe Lucifer made coyotes." Very insightful little man. If this is true, then Lucifer also created spiders, ticks, migraine headaches and kidney stones.
From Aleyna: "Mom, close your eyes! I will be right back." She then left.....for a long time! So, I waited, in vain. Finally she returns....FINALLY. "Mom, I told you to keep your eyes closed!" She then placed a 'My little pony' in my hand, grabbed it back out and left. I cannot tell you how often I fall for the close your eyes bit, anticipating something great, only to get one of their toys and have it immediately taken away. I feel slighted!
From Kaitlyn: (singing) "I love being a princess, I love being a brat-sis, I love being a princess, I love being a brat-sis...." So she knows the truth then. Phew! (Tim taught her this...)" She also said 'crap' today, so we nipped that real quick!
From Becca: (on hacking) "Mom, I think the reason why I have been so sick lately is because I have not been eating breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think I should be eating more regularly so I can stay healthy."
Me: "Rebecca, you do eat breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a few snacks during the day. But eating 3 square meals is not going to keep you from getting a cold."
Becca: "Oh, I never thought about that, I guess I do eat."
This made me smile because, though it may seem that she is blond, she really is trying to figure things out. She is always trying to discover why things happen, or why she is sick, or it is raining, etc. She is very much like her father. :)
Just another day learning from my children.
In other news.....on the up side of the crud. It seems (knock on wood) that we may be getting better! Good grief I hope so, I can't keep this up much longer!
No comments:
Post a Comment